Wildlife Veterinary Section Travel Award for WDA Annual Meeting
Purpose: to provide travel support ($500 US) for a wildlife professional from a less financially advantaged country with the aim of increasing global participation at the annual meeting and providing opportunities for professionals from developing countries.
1) Must be a current WDA and Wildlife Veterinary Section member.
2) Must be a citizen of a country identified by the World Bank as having a low income or lower middle income economy.
3) Must have an abstract accepted for oral presentation at the upcoming Wildlife Disease Association (WDA) Annual Meeting.
4) This award is for individuals who do not qualify for a student award (as offered by WDA or AAWV).
Application process and form
Updated WVS ByLaws
LinkedIn Group for Wildlife Veterinary Section - WDA
Join, post, ask questions, provide opinions, … etc
Starting thinking of items for the next newsletter:
If you’d like to provide wildlife veterinary-related stories and/or pictures for the next newsletter, please send items to our Newsletter Editor, Dr. Nina Schoch AdkWildVet@verizon.net
In particular, we’re looking for some good photos of:
• wildlife veterinarians/wildlife veterinary professional working on animals,
• an interesting wildlife disease case,
• and a “ID this disease” cases.
• anything else you think might be of interest to WVS members.