Wisconsin Student Chapter (WiscWDA)
Faculty Advisor: Michael Samuel, MS, PhD – Associate Professor of Wildlife Ecology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
608 – 263 – 1598 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Miranda Torkelson, email@example.com
Vice President: Julia Poje, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Kaylyn Goertz, email@example.com
Secretary: Melanie Iverson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event-coordinator: Shannon Rudin, email@example.com
Undergrad representative: KM Barnett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vet student representative: Stephanie Kurth, email@example.com
Mission: Increase awareness of the health and diseases of wild animals in relation to their biology, conservation and ecology, among current and future wildlife health ambassadors.
- Hold monthly meetings with invited guest speakers that represent diverse area of wildlife health, disease, and ecology.
- Organize field trips to expose students to local wildlife health resources: International Crane Foundation, National Wildlife Health Center, Aldo Leopold Foundation, etc.
- Coordinate joint meetings and activities with the WI TWS Student Chapter.
- Compile resources, news, and job postings with links on the WiscWDA webpage (www.wiscwda.org)
- Build a community of students and professionals interested in wildlife health at the University of Wisconsin and in the broader Madison and out-state area to facilitate education and networking.
Number of members: 30
Recommendation to Council by the SAC: Approval